The Leavenworth Classic: Alpine GS, Ski Jumping, & Nordic. All children are welcome to participate and all proceeds will benefit the Junior Alpine Team. The Bakke Cup is really a 3-way race. Kids are encouraged to do at least 2 of the 3 events. The event is open to any youth ages 6 through 17.
Race categories by gender and age: U8 (6-7), U10 (8-9), U12 (10-11), U14 (12-13), U18 (14-17).
Race category based on on racer age as of 1/1/2019 (US Ski & Snowboard Age Rules)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- GS course on big run. Places based on combined time for 2 runs
- 2 jumps per competitor. Distances added for the two jumps.
- All kids under 12 will jump on small hill unless they have practiced on the big jump
- Kids 12-17 will have option to jump from the small hill or the big jump
- The Nordic stage is pursuit fashion, based on the results of the first two legs. If kids are only doing the Nordic, they will be started after the other competitors.
- 1K for 11-under, 2K for 12+.
- Person with lowest score will start first, with those above them chasing the fastest skiers/best jumpers as soon as the starters let them go.
- Starts at ski lodge, loops by ski jump, big tow, back to lodge. 2k is twice around.
- Two way competitors will start 20 seconds after the last 3 way racers.
Alpine Race: Warm Up Noon - Race Starts 1:00 PM
Ski Jump Competition: 2:00 PM
Nordic Race: 3:00 PM (After Ski Jump)
Fees: $10 per person or $25 per family