Clothing & Shoes:
- For hiking and outdoor activities, you will want to bring lightweight shorts and t-shirts in addition to a pair of comfortable hiking boots (preferably already broken in!) or heavy duty tennis shoes, a light fleece and rain jacket. Be sure to bring your favorite heavy duty socks to prevent blisters while hiking.
- Convertible pants that can also be worn as shorts are handy, but not necessary.
- Most of the restaurants here in Leavenworth are "Colorado Casual!" No need to bring fancy clothes (unless you want to).
- Going rafting? We recommend bringing some type of sport sandals or water shoes (waterproof and secure are best for rafting). An old pair of tennis shoes will work, too.
- Don't forget your swim suit! Nothing is better than a soak in a hot tub after a day of hiking, biking or just hanging out. The City of Leavenworth also offers a public pool and a kiddie pool for lots of water play. The Wenatchee River right outside of town also offers a great place to lounge on the shoreline or take a tube or paddle board down the river and enjoy the scenery!
- Sunglasses are a must to keep that bright Washington sun out of your eyes. A wide-brimmed hat provides extra protection from the sun, as well.
Toiletries & Medication:
- Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen! It is easy to get sunburned and not even realize it. The air can be very dry and you may want to bring your favorite lotions and lip balm as well.
- Band Aids are good to have on hand, as you never know when you'll need them.
- If you have asthma or breathing difficulties, make sure you have supplies that will help in this area if you become short of breath while participating in recreational activities.
- Be sure to bring more of your prescription medication than you think you'll need. You never know if you might end up staying longer than planned here!
- Don't forget to drink plenty of water on your visit! It's the number one way to help your body adjust to a new area and the desert-like atmosphere while keeping you feeling great!
- With all of the gorgeous mountain scenery, you won't want to forget your camera! Be prepared to capture the memories you'll make by packing your camera and a charging cord or extra batteries.