What: Classic Cross Races for all ages and abilities!
When: Sunday, February 9th
Where: Plain Valley Ski Trails*
* Please park in the Meadow Loop Parking area or behind Plain Hardware and not in front of any of the stores. Meadow Loop Parking is just North of Plain Hardware on the East side of the highway.
- Lollipop race Free For those who do not want to be in a timed event
- 1.5 km race Free U6, U8 and U10 (born in 2010 or later)
- 3.0 km race Free U12 and U14 (born in 2006-2009)
- 4.5 km race Free U16, U18, U20 (born 2000-2005)
- 4.5 km race $15 Open (born in 1999 or earlier)
Online registration closes at 5pm on 2/08/20.
Registration is still required for the Lollipop, 1.5 km and 3.0 km races, even though they are free. Registration for the Lollipop race is only available on race day.
Day-of-race registration will be available for $20 (4.5 km Open only - other races are still free)
Trail passes are not required for racers or spectators.
In the event that poor snow conditions require a change in venue, we will post information on this site & email those registered.
Race Schedule (times subject to change, as needed):
- Apologies for the Skirennen being a bit of a moving target. We're not moving location again but we are adjusting the race start times to better accommodate traveling teams.
New and Improved Race Schedule:
• 9:30-10:45am – day-of registration, bib pick-up and course inspection
• 11:00am – ~4.5 km race (in waves)
• 11:40am – ~3.0 km race (in waves)
• 12:20am – ~1.5 km race (in waves)
• 12:45pm – Lollipop race
• Awards to follow
Washington Nordic Cup Series
We are proud to be a part of the Washington Nordic Cup, a series of races for young competitors to develop their skiing and racing skills independent of the Junior National qualifying circuit. Athletes from around the region will compete this weekend for points, all building toward the season-ending finale races in March. Participants in the Washington Nordic Cup should follow the distance recommendations above to be scored.
Any skiers wishing to ski a different distance for their age will receive the minimum points score for that event in the Washington Cup.