What: A fun race day for all ages and abilities! NEW THIS YEAR: CLASSIC RACES FOR ALL!
When: Saturday, January 5, 2019
Where: Leavenworth Golf Course Ski Trails, 9101 Icicle Road, Leavenworth
- Lollipop race Free Open to those who do not want to be in a timed event.
- 1.5km race Free U6, U8 and U10 (born in 2009 or later).
- 2.5km race Free U12 and U14 (born in 2005-2008).
- 5km race $10 U16, U18, U20 and Open (born in 2004 or earlier).
Online registration closes at 5pm on 1/4/19.
Day-of-race registration will be available for $5 above the early price. Day of race registration is 8:00-9:00am. Day-of-race payment is by check or exact cash only.
REGISTRATION STILL REQUIRED FOR THE LOLLIPOP, 1.5km AND 2.5km RACES, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FREE. HOWEVER, NO PREREGISTRATION FOR LOLLIPOP, JUST DAY OF.
Trail passes are not required for racers or spectators.
(In case poor snow conditions require a change in venue, we will post information here )
Race Schedule (Times subject to change, check back closer to event):
- 9:00-10:15am – Late registration, bib pick up and course inspection
- 10:30am – 5km races in waves.
- 11:20am – 2.5km race in waves.
- Noon – 1.5km races in waves.
- 12:15pm -- Lollipop race.
- Awards to follow, thanks to our generous sponsor, Schocolat!
Washington Nordic Cup Series
We are proud to be a part of the Washington Nordic Cup, a series of races for young competitors to develop their skiing and racing skills independent of the Junior National qualifying circuit. Athletes from around the region will compete this weekend for points, all building toward the season-ending finale races in March. Participants in the Washington Nordic Cup should follow the below distance guidelines to be scored (e.g. U6 stands for under 6 years old):
- U6, U8 and U10: 1.5 km
- U12 and U14: 2.5 km
- U16, U18 and U20: 5 km
Any skiers wishing to ski a different distance for their age will receive the minimum points score for that event in the Washington Cup.