The Leavenworth Classic: Alpine GS, Ski Jumping, & Nordic. All children are welcome to participate and all proceeds will benefit the Junior Alpine Team. The Bakke Cup is really a 3-way race. Kids are encouraged to do at least 2 of the 3 events. The event is open to any youth ages 6 through 17. Age Groups: 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, 14-17. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Bakke isn't just a name- Kjell Bakke, for whom the race is named after, is a constant supporter of the LWSC and kids programs. He has witnessed the North American Distance Records set at the Leavenworth Ski Hill and is a descendant of the men that constructed Bakke Hill in the 1920's. Bakke Hill was the site of the National Ski Jumping Championships in 1941, 1959, 1967, 1974 and 1978. Getting kids out on the snow and having fun is the idea behind the day. We want kids to leave with good memories and lots of smiles.
- GS course on big run. Places based on combined time for 2 runs
- 2 jumps per competitor. Distances added for the two jumps.
- All kids under 12 will jump on small hill unless they have practiced on the big jump
- Kids 12-17 will have option to jump from the small hill or the big jump
- The Nordic stage is pursuit fashion, based on the results of the first two legs. If kids are only doing the Nordic, they will be started after the other competitors.
- 1K for 11-under, 2K for 12+.
- Person with lowest score will start first, with those above them chasing the fastest skiers/best jumpers as soon as the starters let them go.
- Starts at ski lodge, loops by ski jump, big tow, back to lodge. 2k is twice around.
- Two way competitors will start 20 seconds after the last 3 way racers.
Registration: 8:30 am - 9 am
Alpine Race: 9:30 am
Ski Jump Competition: 10:30 am
Nordic Race: 11:30 am
Fees: $10 per person or $25 per family