What: A fun race day for all ages and abilities! Skate races for all.
When: Saturday, January 6, 2018
Where: Leavenworth Golf Course Ski Trails, 9101 Icicle Road, Leavenworth
Online, advance registration is strongly encouraged because it greatly helps the volunteer crew organizing the race. See button below.
Entry Fees for online registration through Friday, 1/5/18 at 5pm:
- 1.5km race Free
- 2.5km race Free
- 5km race $10
- 10km race $20
Online registration closes at 5pm on 1/5/18.
Day-of-race registration will be available for $5 above the early price. Day of race registration is 8:00-9:00am. Day-of-race payment is by check or exact cash only.
REGISTRATION STILL REQUIRED FOR THE 1.5km AND 2.5km RACES, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE FREE.
Trail passes are not required for racers or spectators.
(In case poor snow conditions require a change in venue, we will post information here by 1/3/18)
- 1.5km race – one small loop
- 2.5km race – one medium loop
- 5km race – two medium loops
- 10km race – 1 medium loop and 2 full loops
- 8:00-9:00am – Late registration, bib pick up and course inspection
- 9:15am – 1.5km race for boys and girls under 8 (as of 12/31/17)
- 9:30am – 2.5km race for boys and girls ages 8-13 (as of 12/31/17)
- 10:00am – combined 5km and 10km races
- 5km race for boys and girls ages 14-17 (as of 12/31/17)
- 10km race for boys and girls ages 18-19 (as of 12/31/17) and all adults
- Awards to follow
Washington Nordic Cup Series
We are proud to be a part of the Washington Nordic Cup, a series of races for young competitors to develop their skiing and racing skills independent of the Junior National qualifying circuit. Athletes from around the region will compete this weekend for points, all building toward the season-ending finale races in March. Participants in the Washington Nordic Cup should follow the below distance guidelines to be scored (e.g. U6 stands for under 6 years old):
- U6 and U8: 1.5 km
- U10, U12 and U14: 2.5 km
- U16 and U18: 5 km
Any skiers wishing to ski a different distance for their age will receive the minimum points score for that event in the Washington Cup.